Welcome!

At the first hint of chill in the air, my thoughts turn to Christmas. My mind and heart begin to fill with visions of sugar plums indeed. My weekly menu turns decidedly toward comfort food and I begin rummaging in my brain for homemade Christmas gift ideas for my loved ones. I begin hauling out first the autumn decorations and later the Christmas, decking my halls and every other available surface. I take delight in the season, the magic, wonder and glory of it all. This blog was born from that delight. Here you will find dinner ideas, crafts, decor, stories, memories, and music. Some ideas will be entirely mine, but I will also include anything cute I come across that I think you might like to see, credit given to the creator or source. Please leave me your ideas in the comments and any other feedback you'd like to give.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Well, They're Done

Remember these cute teacher gift ideas?

Remember how I said I was going to make them? Well, I did. The result:





I added the twine around one because it was the first one that I put together and it was a bit sloppy. I added the twine to cover up the globs of hot glue. You see, I decided they would hold up better if I covered them with glass, but the glass, of course, doesn't fit in the frame with the crayons. So I wrapped ribbon around the sharp edges of the glass, then hot glued the glass on TOP of the frame.

Do you like the twine? I didn't do the others with it, since I didn't have to, but should I?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

These are really cool, Molly! Did you have some kind of template for the letters or do you just have good eye for it?