Welcome!

At the first hint of chill in the air, my thoughts turn to Christmas. My mind and heart begin to fill with visions of sugar plums indeed. My weekly menu turns decidedly toward comfort food and I begin rummaging in my brain for homemade Christmas gift ideas for my loved ones. I begin hauling out first the autumn decorations and later the Christmas, decking my halls and every other available surface. I take delight in the season, the magic, wonder and glory of it all. This blog was born from that delight. Here you will find dinner ideas, crafts, decor, stories, memories, and music. Some ideas will be entirely mine, but I will also include anything cute I come across that I think you might like to see, credit given to the creator or source. Please leave me your ideas in the comments and any other feedback you'd like to give.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Outdoor Lighting...Any Ideas?

What do you think of this look, courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens?


I'd like to do something a little different with my outdoor lighting this year. Not that I do much anyway, but I thought a little twist on the traditional might be nice. I really like the look and it sounds really easy. I wish I had a beautiful fence to put it on, but I'm picturing it on my front porch railing, and maybe even my deck railing too. Of course, it also makes me want to splurge for real greenery, but I'll refrain and use my fake stuff!

No comments: