Welcome!

At the first hint of chill in the air, my thoughts turn to Christmas. My mind and heart begin to fill with visions of sugar plums indeed. My weekly menu turns decidedly toward comfort food and I begin rummaging in my brain for homemade Christmas gift ideas for my loved ones. I begin hauling out first the autumn decorations and later the Christmas, decking my halls and every other available surface. I take delight in the season, the magic, wonder and glory of it all. This blog was born from that delight. Here you will find dinner ideas, crafts, decor, stories, memories, and music. Some ideas will be entirely mine, but I will also include anything cute I come across that I think you might like to see, credit given to the creator or source. Please leave me your ideas in the comments and any other feedback you'd like to give.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Holiday Season 2011

Tomorrow is the last day of October and I have to say, I am soooo feeling the Christmas spirit already this year! Today is cold and rainy, and other parts of the country are experiencing their first real snowstorm of the season. As I sit here in my cozy home, looking out at the cold, drizzly day, I feel it's time to share my first post here in Christmasland.

Last year I decided that THIS Christmas I wanted to decorate with warm whites, grays, and silvers/mercury glass. But then I walked into Joann Fabrics the other day and saw a huge section of red and white decor. It all had a clean, Scandinavian look to it and my heart skipped a beat. I loved it all. I think the line is called Nordic Noel. At least, the online items I can find online are in that line.



So maybe I'll stick to my more traditional reds and whites. I spotlighted some cute products with Scandinavian flair back here. I'm thinking I should probably embrace what seems to appeal to me.

No comments: