Welcome!

At the first hint of chill in the air, my thoughts turn to Christmas. My mind and heart begin to fill with visions of sugar plums indeed. My weekly menu turns decidedly toward comfort food and I begin rummaging in my brain for homemade Christmas gift ideas for my loved ones. I begin hauling out first the autumn decorations and later the Christmas, decking my halls and every other available surface. I take delight in the season, the magic, wonder and glory of it all. This blog was born from that delight. Here you will find dinner ideas, crafts, decor, stories, memories, and music. Some ideas will be entirely mine, but I will also include anything cute I come across that I think you might like to see, credit given to the creator or source. Please leave me your ideas in the comments and any other feedback you'd like to give.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Spicy Pumpkin Chili


(Not my image. This is the picture from the Allrecipes website.)

Friday night we had a Trunk or Treat and chili cook off at our church. I decided to try a new recipe. It was one I found online and was itching to try. I cooked this up on Friday afternoon and I LOVED it. It is spicy and almost a little sweet. It is warm and earthy and delicious. So here's the link to the recipe: Spicy Pumpkin Chili

I did make a few changes, just because I wanted to use what I had on hand. I swapped out the Northern beans for corn. I like corn in my chili and I didn't have any Northern beans, so it worked out well. I used home canned tomatoes, homemade tomato sauce and a can of Rotel (tomatoes and green chilis.) I think the Rotel added a little extra spiciness which was nice.

This is a perfect recipe for a crisp fall day, or cold, snowy afternoon.

Enjoy!

(My chili arrived late and was not entered in the cook-off, so I can't tell you if it is a contest winner or not. I can tell you that the crock pot was scraped clean at the end of the dinner, so it was well-liked!)

No comments: