Welcome!

At the first hint of chill in the air, my thoughts turn to Christmas. My mind and heart begin to fill with visions of sugar plums indeed. My weekly menu turns decidedly toward comfort food and I begin rummaging in my brain for homemade Christmas gift ideas for my loved ones. I begin hauling out first the autumn decorations and later the Christmas, decking my halls and every other available surface. I take delight in the season, the magic, wonder and glory of it all. This blog was born from that delight. Here you will find dinner ideas, crafts, decor, stories, memories, and music. Some ideas will be entirely mine, but I will also include anything cute I come across that I think you might like to see, credit given to the creator or source. Please leave me your ideas in the comments and any other feedback you'd like to give.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Yarn Wreath

Last year I shared a beautiful yarn wreath that I had seen at Recaptured Charm.


I did end up making my own version, but never shared it here. Well, today is the day to share. I really had a lot of fun making this and it is not at all difficult. Mine is smaller than the inspiration, mostly because I'm a cheapskate. The Styrofoam balls are pricier than you would think.


I also made yarn trees. Again, the foam cones are pricey. I cheated. I used posterboard rolled into cone shapes. Waaaaay cheaper.


I love the look of them displayed together.

No comments: