Welcome!

At the first hint of chill in the air, my thoughts turn to Christmas. My mind and heart begin to fill with visions of sugar plums indeed. My weekly menu turns decidedly toward comfort food and I begin rummaging in my brain for homemade Christmas gift ideas for my loved ones. I begin hauling out first the autumn decorations and later the Christmas, decking my halls and every other available surface. I take delight in the season, the magic, wonder and glory of it all. This blog was born from that delight. Here you will find dinner ideas, crafts, decor, stories, memories, and music. Some ideas will be entirely mine, but I will also include anything cute I come across that I think you might like to see, credit given to the creator or source. Please leave me your ideas in the comments and any other feedback you'd like to give.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Moms Chocolates- Photos

As promised I'm posting pictures from candy making day. This post features Mom's Chocolates. As I mentioned when I posted the recipe, this can be a little time consuming. I decided to experiment this year. I spread the chocolate coating in a pan, popped it into the freezer for a couple minutes to harden quickly, pulled it out and pressed in the flavored filling, spread more coating on top, popped it into the freezer for another couple minutes, and then cut them. It worked pretty well actually and was MUCH quicker than dipping.

The mixture is very dry and stiff. It takes some time to knead it to a point where it is smooth and creamy.

It works best if you knead it in small sections, then just flavor each individually.

Shape small bits of the mixture.

Dip, set on wax paper to dry.

Or layer in a pan and cut.

This makes A LOT. I still have a lump of filling to coat. I'll probably do it in a pan again. Happy candy making!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

These look so good! I really like your blog, and I'm going to try your sugar cookie recipe today. Wish me luck.