Welcome!

At the first hint of chill in the air, my thoughts turn to Christmas. My mind and heart begin to fill with visions of sugar plums indeed. My weekly menu turns decidedly toward comfort food and I begin rummaging in my brain for homemade Christmas gift ideas for my loved ones. I begin hauling out first the autumn decorations and later the Christmas, decking my halls and every other available surface. I take delight in the season, the magic, wonder and glory of it all. This blog was born from that delight. Here you will find dinner ideas, crafts, decor, stories, memories, and music. Some ideas will be entirely mine, but I will also include anything cute I come across that I think you might like to see, credit given to the creator or source. Please leave me your ideas in the comments and any other feedback you'd like to give.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Two More Book Suggestions

Wednesday I hosted a book club in my home. We had decided that for December we would get together for a cookie exchange and to share our favorite children's Christmas book. We had a lovely time and I added a couple books to my Must Purchase Immediately list.

The first is one I had already put on my list for this year.


The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey by Susan Wojciechowski. This is the tale of how love and the miracle of Christ's birth (was that redundant?) transform the life of a lonely and bitter woodcarver as he completes a commissioned nativity set. This is a beautiful and touching story that shows how the love of Christ changes lives, why His birth was essential to us all. Look for it at bookstores or order it here.

The second is one I just found out about. Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening, by Robert Frost with illustrations by Susan Jeffers.
I've always loved this poem by Robert Frost and Susan Jeffers has illustrated it beautifully, throwing in a Christmas twist by making the narrator a Santa looking fellow. Look for it at bookstores or order it here.

Now, go grab a Christmas book and some hot cocoa and settle in for a good read!

No comments: